Midway through the year is a great time to revisit the goals or resolutions you made at the beginning of the year. Here’s an update on the home goals I featured on the blog back in January.
Looking back at the goals I set, I realized I didn’t dream very big, but I have made progress on six out of eight of the goals. Here is a recap:
- Install crown moulding in the dining room. This was finished about a month ago. You can read about that here.
- Buy throw pillows for the couch. While I haven’t featured this simple update on the blog, there are now pillows on our once barren sofa.
- Accessorize mirrored console. I’ve managed to make negative progress on this action item. I moved the sunburst, once above the console to the guestroom.
- Repaint or replace nightstands. It is amazing what paint can do to inexpensive furniture. I found the perfect knobs at Anthropologie, and then they sold out before I pulled the trigger. See the befores here.
- Create a book installation in the office- I have actually decided to nix this goal off the list this year. I am intentionally neglecting the office until further notice.
- Add a ceiling medallion to the entry- Easy peasy. The entryway has actually made much more progress than just a medallion. We bought a new rug, painted the door black, and hung some plates.
- Paint over more beige- Look for an update on this front next week. I am thrilled about what is going on in the master bathroom.
- Get a second hooded chair- While I haven’t yet even shown the first here on Gusto & Grace, I feel so fortunate to say the second porter’s chair has been ordered! Living room updates coming in September!
As always thanks for reading,